The California High School Cheer and Dance Association (CHSCDA) was founded in 2009 by a group of southern California cheerleading industry professionals and coaches. Noticing a strong need for a statewide organization specifically established for the benefit of high school cheerleading and dance coaches, the founder sought to make quality spirit education, resources and support easily accessible to every coach and spirit program in California.
- To be the leading resource and network for all spirit matters in California.
- To have a professional working relationship with every school and community spirit program in California.
- To unite all California spirit coaches within one singular statewide organization, creating a community for our colleagues.
- To promote safe cheerleading skills, technique and progressions throughout California.
- To promote safe dance practices and coaching techniques throughout California.
- To support and encourage administrators to develop and maintain their spirit programs.
- To offer spirit program education and safety resources to all coaches, advisors and administrators.
- To educate all spirit coaches and advisors in California with the most current rules, safety regulations, news and updates in our industry.